Customers are looking for partners who can do more than just provide them with “boxes.” To really partner with customers, sometimes you have to step outside of the box. Providing a comprehensive, advanced Spares Management Program solution to MTN Nigeria—Aviat Networks’ largest customer and a major Tier 1 mobile network operator in Africa—is a prime example of what can be accomplished when stepping outside of the box.
As many are aware, Africa represents a challenging operating environment where on a daily basis mobile operators have to contend with power outages, lack of infrastructure and a shortage of trained personnel. Due to these issues, MTN Nigeria was experiencing significant challenges with its spares management related to its overall installed base of network equipment. This included having more spares than were needed but never having the right spare in the right place at the right time.
Even though the customer had a large supply of spares as part of capital expenditures, it was actually very difficult to keep track of the physical inventory. In this situation, MTN Nigeria asked its suppliers to manage the problem. Each supplier was to take accountability for owning and managing the problem for the customer.
For more, see the complete customer success story.
Director of Services, Africa, Aviat Networks
- Network Services from Aviat Networks’ Network Operations Center (aviatnetworks.com)
- Managing Wireless Networks with Element Management Systems (aviatnetworks.com)
- Aviat Networks Training Center for Wireless Network Services (aviatnetworks.com)
- Aviat Networks Interoperability Lab for Wireless & Network Testing (aviatnetworks.com)
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communication in the Utilities Sector 2010-20 (prnewswire.com)