Back in October, mobile research firm Yankee Group held a very interesting webinar on the state of LTE around the world. The webinar, still available in replay, notes that, with the exceptions of Japan and Korea, North America is very far ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to implementing LTE. The LTE vanguard is based on North America, Japan and Korea having the greatest CDMA legacy.
Yankee Group analysts note the commonly known LTE driver in the form of worldwide proliferation of the iPhone and other smartphones has led to greater demand for high-speed connectivity. Overall, the webinar explores the LTE landscape from Asia to Europe to North America.
- Apple vetting operators on LTE network performance (telecoms.com)
- Mobile LTE subscribers expected to double by 2014 (ytd2525.wordpress.com)
- Is the Backhaul Really the Bottleneck for LTE? (aviatnetworks.com)
- Tablets pushing LTE growth, report says (lenovo.com)
- All-Indoor Microwave: LTE’s Best Backhaul Solution for North American Operators (aviatnetworks.com)