Aviat Networks Inc., with its registered office at 860 N McCarthy Blvd, Milpitas, California, USA, 95035, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Aviat Networks”, “us” or “we”), care about your privacy and are committed to processing your personal information in accordance with fair information practices and applicable data privacy laws.This privacy notice (the “Notice”) describes what personal data we collect from you, the business purposes for which we collect your data and how we process and protect your data. It applies to to any AVIAT NETWORKS website, application, product, software, or service (collectively, our “Products and/or Services”) and to any visitors to our websites, people who subscribe to our newsletter or request a publication from us, our customers, prospects, vendors, suppliers, subcontractors, service providers or other Aviat business partners we interact with during the normal course of our business.
We will process your personal data in accordance with this Notice, unless such processing conflicts with the requirements of applicable law, in which case, applicable law will prevail.
Please read this Notice carefully and contact our Personal Data Governance Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our privacy practices or your personal information choices. It is important that you check back often for updates to this Notice. This Notice was last updated on May 25, 2018.
AVIAT NETWORKS is committed to the responsible handling and protection of personal information. Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that person.
We collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal information when needed to provide our Products and/or Services and for our operational and business purposes as described in this Notice. We want to be clear about our privacy practices so that you can make informed choices about the use of your information, and we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com at any time with questions or concerns.
The types of personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you, for example, if you register for an event, request information, purchase or use our Products and/or Services, or request customer support. We may ask you to provide information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, user name and password, and information about your device.
Not all of the personal information AVIAT NETWORKS holds about you will always come directly from you. It may, for example, come from your employer, other organizations to which you belong. We also collect personal information from third parties such as our partners, service providers, and publicly available websites, to offer Products and/or Services we think may be of interest and to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Products and/or Services.
In addition, our servers, logs, and other technologies automatically collect certain information to help us administer, protect, and improve our Services, analyze usage; and improve users’ experience.
We share personal information with others only as described in this Notice, or when we believe that the law permits or requires it.
Occasionally we collect and process precise geolocation information, financial and bank account numbers or tax information.
For example, if you purchase something from us or subscribe to our Products and/or Services, we will collect payment information, such as financial or bank card information and tax information. Some of our Products and/or Services will ask you to share your precise geolocation so we can customize your experience and increase the accuracy of the Service. Information that is considered sensitive under applicable law will be handled in accordance with such laws.
How we use personal information
We process personal information for the following business-related purposes:
- Account setup and administration: We use personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, country of location, and information about your device to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training, verify your identity, and send important account, subscription, and Service information.
- Personalization: We use personal information to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports, and business information and to personalize your experience with our Products and/or Services.
- Marketing and events: We use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, and online where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails in the future. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
- Surveys: If you choose to participate in a survey, any personal information you provide may be used for marketing or market research purposes.
- Cloud Services: Some of our Services provide data and document storage as an integral part of the Product/Solution offering. Documents and data stored by our customers may contain personal information. Any information stored by or on behalf of our customers is controlled and managed by and only made accessible to those customers or others our customers may authorize from time to time. Our access to this information is limited to AVIAT NETWORKS personnel with a critical business reason, such as technical support.
- Pre-contractual activities and performance of contracts: we collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a Product/Service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address.
- Legal obligations: We collect and store your personal information for legal and compliance reasons or as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
When we share personal information
AVIAT NETWORKS shares or discloses personal information when necessary to provide Products and/or Services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal information, we do so in accordance with data privacy and security requirements. We may occasionally share non-personal, anonymized, and statistical data with third parties. Below are the parties with whom we may share personal information and why.
- Within AVIAT NETWORKS: Our businesses around the world are supported by a variety of AVIAT NETWORKS teams and functions, and personal information will be made available to them if necessary for the provision of Products and/or Services, account administration, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and business and product development, for instance. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data privacy and security policies when handling personal information. Please click here to see a list of AVIAT NETWORKS locations where we may process personal data.
- Our business partners: We occasionally partner with other organizations provide content, or to host events, conferences, and seminars. As part of these arrangements, you may be a customer of both AVIAT NETWORKS and our partners, and we and our partners may collect and share information about you. AVIAT NETWORKS will handle personal information in accordance with this Notice, and we encourage you to review the privacy notices of our partners to learn more about how they collect, use, and share personal information.
- Our third-party service providers: We partner with and are supported by service providers around the world. Personal information will be made available to these parties only when necessary to provide products and/or services to us, such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; advertising; data analytics; and order fulfillment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide products and/or services to us.
- Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
- to comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- in the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- to protect our rights, users, systems, and Products and/or Services.
Where we store and process personal information
AVIAT NETWORKS is a global organization, and your personal information may be stored and processed outside of your home country. We take steps to ensure that the information we collect is processed according to this Privacy Notice and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
AVIAT NETWORKS has networks, databases, servers, systems, support, and help desks located throughout our offices around the world. We collaborate with third parties and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal information within AVIAT NETWORKS or to third parties in areas outside of your home country. The areas in which these recipients are located will vary from time to time, but may include the United States, Europe, Singapore, New Zealand, India, and other countries where AVIAT NETWORKS has a presence or uses contractors. For a list of AVIAT NETWORKS offices, see the “Contact Us” section on our website www.aviatnetworks.com
When we transfer personal information from the European Economic Area to other countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data privacy protection as in your home country, we take measures to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection. In other words, your rights and protections remain with your data. For example, we use approved contractual clauses, multiparty data transfer agreements, intragroup agreements, and other measures designed to ensure that the recipients of your personal information protect it. If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we secure personal information
AVIAT NETWORKS takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
- Policies and procedures
- we have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
- we have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets
- we place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information
- we implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
- Training for employees and contractors:
- we require privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal information and other sensitive data
- we take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions
- Vendor risk management
- we require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures.
How long we keep personal information
AVIAT NETWORKS has a Records Management team that works in conjunction with the Personal Data Governance Representative to implement policies and rules relating to the retention of personal information. We have a Records Retention Schedule that is based upon a classification scheme consisting of Business Functions and Record Types. We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, AVIAT NETWORKS takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
Your rights with respect to your personal information
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
- Access to personal information: If you request access to your personal information, we will gladly comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
- Correction and deletion: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your personal information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your personal information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by using the “Contact Us” option within the relevant Service.
- Marketing preferences: To opt out of email marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us. For other marketing preferences, you can use the “Contact Us” option within the relevant Service.
- Filing a complaint: If you are not satisfied with how AVIAT NETWORKS manages your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. For the European Union, a list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- Please contact email@example.com with any requests related to your personal information.
Cookies and similar technologies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: absolutely necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for marketing purposes.
Types of cookies and why we use them
- Absolutely necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, the Products and/or Services you have asked for, like adding items to an online shopping cart, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies don’t collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide Services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers.
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Products and/or Services. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Other tracking technologies
- Local shared objects/Flash cookies: Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, are designed to support browser content supported by Adobe® Flash. They are usually used to enable ads and video content on websites. Like other cookies, they will store information on your device, some of which will be specific to the Flash-enabled content. Flash cookies can only be deleted within Adobe Flash rather than via your browser. Please refer to the following help page for information on how to manage your privacy settings and deletion of Flash cookies.
- Web beacons: Our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs and transparent graphic images) that we use to help deliver cookies on our sites, count users who have visited those sites, deliver Products and/or Services, and analyze the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, for example. We may also include web beacons in our marketing email messages or newsletters to determine whether an email is opened or if links are clicked.
- Web server & application logs: Our servers automatically collect certain information to help us administer and protect the Products and/or Services, analyze usage, and improve users’ experience. The information collected includes:
- IP address and browser type
- Device information including Unique Device Identifier (UDID), MAC address, Identifier For Advertisers (IFA), and similar identifiers we or others may assign
- Device operating system and other technical facts
- The city, state, and country from which you access our website
- Pages visited and content viewed, stored, and purchased
- Information or text entered
- Links and buttons clicked
- URLs visited before and after you use our Products and/or Services
Connecting via social networks
Some of our websites features or Services may include social networking features, such as the Facebook® “Like” button and widgets, “Share” buttons, and interactive mini-programs. Additionally, you may choose to use your own social networking logins from, for example, Facebook or LinkedIn®, to visit our websites or log into some of our Services. If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these social networks logins. These third party services may collect information such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set cookies to enable features to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy notices or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access. If you do not want your personal information shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the Products and/or Services and do not participate in social sharing on the Products and/or Services.
Links and connections to third-party products and/or services
Our Products and/or Services may contain links to and may be used by you in conjunction with third-party apps, products and/or services, tools, and websites that are not affiliated with, controlled, or managed by us. Examples include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter®. The privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by the parties’ own Privacy Notices. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy notices or policies applicable to these third-party Products and/or Services.
AVIAT NETWORKS provides information solutions for professionals, and our Products and/or Services are generally not aimed at children. If, however, we collect and use information about children, such as to develop an educational resource, we will comply with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
How to contact us
We understand that you may have questions or concerns about this Notice or our privacy practices or may wish to file a complaint. Please feel free to contact us in one of the following ways:
AVIAT NETWORKS Personal Data Governance Representative:
To update your account information or email marketing preferences, or for technical support or other help with your Products and/or Services, please visit the applicable email preference center or use the “Contact Us” option for the relevant Service.