October 14, 2011
What is Mission Critical Microwave?
Public safety agencies with first responder assignments, mobile service providers with national footprints, and utilities companies all have communication networks carrying mission critical applications. These networks require robust, secure and powerful microwave radios.
So what are the defining characteristics of Mission Critical Microwave?
- Hybrid (TDM and IP): Native TDM, native IP. No proprietary emulation or encapsulation.
- RF performance: Superior system gain. Adaptive Coding and Modulation.
- Reliability: 100+ year proven terminal (1+0) MTBF.
- Strong Security: Secure Management to prevent unauthorized access. Secure payload encryption to prevent eaves-dropping.
- Bullet Proof Redundancy: Full port, card, system level redundancy. Integrated T1 loop switch (USA).
- Physical Design for Usability: Front access, no hidden cables. Compact footprint. Expansion port.
But delivering Mission Critical Microwave extends far beyond products and deals with the way a company behaves and treats its customers including:
- A mindset that integrates uncompromised commitment to design and to building the most robust, secure and dependable microwave radios;
- A culture of innovation to ensure the most innovative new microwave products are being developed to meet the needs of your critical applications;
- Engineering professionals that are there at your side before, during and after any equipment deployment, to help you at every step of the way;
- A commitment to customer service and support so that customers can depend on their chosen vendor.
At Aviat Networks, we believe one of the things that sets us apart is our focus on Mission Critical Microwave. For critical applications it’s extremely important that customers have comprehensive local support at their fingertips. Our products are usually supported locally, so our customers know they’ll have immediate access to professional engineers when they need them, without waiting for out-of-country spares or support, including escalation to Tier III level technical support if needed.
At Aviat Networks, our engineers have been designing and building microwave networks for over 50 years. We are the microwave experts, because it’s all we do.
Senior Product Marketing Manager